2007年11月12日 星期一

Inspired by Naoto Fukasawa in Connecting 07' design Congress

Today I want to write about what I was inspired by Naoto San in design congress.Because this is really important to me.
In his speech,he showed several his products.His presentation style is quiet simple and clear.And every idea is just right and just simple.Even though some of them I already saw in the book or website, I still felt touched.

After his speech,my friend and I walked to him and try to free chat with him.My Friend has a little complain about that he feel his design work is just to create different shapes and forms.Naoto san smiled and said,yes,it is.And the reason is because even you have a good idea,you still need a good shape to present it.Be honestly,I think my original design philosopher is to solve problem,I do really need know what is my design thinking when I do design,I can't just draw a beautiful shape without any shape.But now I do really attracted by Naoto san's design,and how to create beauty shape is my most interesting thing.

My question for Naoto san is" do you think that Western and Eastern aesthetic are difference?
He say American life is so difference from others.He do encourage us come back to Asia to develop our own design.And he believe Asian will become the design center of the world for next few years.It does encourage me, and I do believe I will come back to Taiwan to do my own design.

沒有留言: